Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Bonus Post

Yesterday when I was getting the kids a snack, I was reminded of one of the Italian food things that cracks me up.  I thought I'd share this little glimpse into the culture with you in a bonus post!


This is a bag of cookies (the ones pictured on the right).  I give them to the kids for a snack with a little Nutella on top (Nutella and peanut butter for  a REALLY special treat :) ).  What this is saying is that they make an ideal breakfast. Six cookies, fresh juice, berry yogurt and coffee.  380 calories.  Perfect.

Ah, Italian cuisine.  It's incredible.  Even Italians draw the line at pasta for breakfast though--the problem is they just don't have any good alternatives.  Unless you want cookies for breakfast.  :)

1 comment:

Kara said...

Interesting. Russians eat cookies for breakfast, too. But they eat soup, spaghetti, hot dogs, too. There really isn't a distinction that I can tell other than that breakfast is a lighter meal. Although everybody agrees you should eat (very sweet, buttery) porridge...but most people hate it after being forced to eat it for their whole childhood.

Our favorite breakfast at conferences is spaghetti with a hot dog on top, covered in ketchup.