Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Bonus Entry

I saw something this week I just had to blog about. . . if only I had had a picture!

Obviously pizza is big here. :) Usually, you order one pizza per person. They are about a foot in diameter, but the crust is really thin and toppings aren't very dense. They're always cooked in a wood-burning oven. Common pizza toppings include: sausage, prosciutto (ham), bell peppers, mushrooms, artichokes, and salami. You can also get toppings such as potatoes, sardines, egg, tuna, and hotdog.

Well, this week our team went to a new restaurant, where they offer a pizza for three. I've never seen this anywhere else. It was as big as any pizza I've ever seen in the States and it had a much, much thicker crust than the typical Italian pizza. It comes with buffalo mozzarella, garlic and cherry tomatoes, but you could add any topping you wished.

Upon leaving, we passed a table where they had ordered the pizza for three topped with hotdogs and french fries! Yes, hotdogs and french fries! And they weren't McDonald's fries either--we're talking huge steak fries (actually, our STINT gal from the Netherlands said they're Belgian Fries). Wow. Definitely a first. Can't say I'll be trying it any time soon. . . but I know where you can get it if you're interested!

No comments: