Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The World's Newest Yellow Belt

Sorry I'm a day late this week.  We just got back from our Agape Italia Staff Conference, and I brought back a little virus with me.  I'm moving slow. . .

Just before we left, there was great excitement in the Phipps household, when we watched Gavin participate in his Taekwondo belt test.  We are proud to say we now have an official yellow belt amongst us, AND an official card-carrying member of the Italian Taekwondo Association.


My kids never cease to crack me up, and this new accomplishment brought with it some great new quotes. "Mom, when I'm a black belt, I'll be able to kill someone without using a weapon."  Ah, boys.  And "Mom, guess what?!  Dad says if I keep doing karate, I'll be able to do the moves they did in Tron!"  It's all about the cool factor!

For the grandparents, and those who are interested, here's a short video of Gavin's testing and certification.  It's about 2 1/2 minutes. We are so proud of our little warrior!

No comments: